[CentOS-devel] Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository

Mon Jan 25 19:26:18 UTC 2010

On 22/01/10 17:26, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>> Or, are you considering, and completely failing to communicate, a
>> parallel php-5.2.x stack.
> Exactly, there has already been some similar demands on the list about this.

I feel that ends up expanding the scope of what needs doing quite a bit.
I know this case came up before as well, and the feeling at the time was
that we could make a complete php-stack along with php extras and pecl
modules available. However, in the interest of pushing the php-5.2.x
package into c5plus, it might be worth getting that done, and then look
at expanding the scope of what else and other addons that might be
brought in as well.

The other thing is that while a lot of people were asking for this, few
people actually offered to help with any maintenance - I would hope that
the situation has changed a bit!

--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh at karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh