[CentOS-devel] Missing security updates

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jul 23 12:56:08 UTC 2010

On 07/22/2010 07:29 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:
> As I stated earlier, I think there is systematic process issue that the
> CentOS project should address. I'm not sure whether you are saying that
> there isn't a problem, or that the problem exists but is not solveable. I

I am not saying that there isnt an issue. but I dont agree with you that
the problem is delayed updates. The delayed updates is a consequence of
the issues that we are working with. Both Tru and I have had personal
issues that have kept us away from the machines for a bit. I dont really
have a machine that I can use reliably as this time either, but I'm
working on that.

If you are now expecting that a bunch of people automagically get
signing rights - thats not going to happen. The trust factor will need
to get built up.

> don't think either response is appropriate. Wouldn't it be more useful to
> admit that there is a problem, and discuss exactly what needs to be done
> to solve it?

Sure, there are plenty of issues that need resolution - but that
resolution needs to be along the lines that are inclined towards real
problem solving. If you wont see the real issue under the hood, you are
not only missing the point, but also wasting everyone's time.

- KB