[CentOS-devel] glibc x86_64 vs. i686 file conflict when building from sources

Wed Nov 24 07:50:27 UTC 2010
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hi,

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 23:57 +0100, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> So I built the x86_64
> version with a plain rpmbuild. For the i686 I used mock.

On the base system I did forget to install redhat-rpm-config. Even
though this will not make the build fail it does result in a much bigger
glibc-2.12-1.7.el6.x86_64.rpm as compared to the original
glibc-2.12-1.4.el6.x86_64.rpm, even though almost all of the files
inside are identical in size. I suppose the difference in file size is
caused by the lack of brp-compress and the invocation of it after the
build.

Since the macros file is missing too
%_binary_filedigest_algorithm 8
is not set when building on the base system. This option sets the
FILEDIGEST checksum to use SHA-256 instead of MD5. Could this be the
cause for rpm not to consider the config and document files from the
x86_64 and i686 glibc rpms to be identical?

Regards,
Leonard.