[CentOS-devel] HyperV Linux Integration Services added to Centos?Plus?

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:26:24 UTC 2011

On 8/23/2011 11:17 AM, Peter J. Pouliot wrote:

>>> I'm open to this idea as well.   If it's a way for centos users to running on hyperv to install enlightened natively, i'm all for it.
>>
>> Can hyperv provide a 2nd virtualized device (cd/floppy) pointed at a
>> host/network file during the install for the drivers?
>
> Well it would be unecessary to do this in at the hyperv layer since we can handle this in the installer.

The installer has to have a device to use that appears in the virtual
environment.  Or you have to rebuild a non-standard installer.

> However one could supply a file as a floppy/cd etc if they wanted.

That's what I meant - just download an image file that will appear as
the (virtual) device holding the drivers during the install process -
and document the commands to load them.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com