[CentOS-devel] info on cr announce list

Gianluca Cecchi

gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:41:09 UTC 2011

Hello,
at announce message as in
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-August/017689.html
I can see in particular:

- All contents in the CR repo will be announced into a separate
announcement list; once 5.7 is released the announcements will be
re-sent to the centos-announce list.

Now I'm testing it on a CentOS 5.6 x86_64 system and indeed after
enabling the CR repo it pulls and updates about 70 packages and it is
working ok (comparing with a RH EL system I can see some difference,
probably due to latest upstream updates not already ib sync). Same
kernel version as upstream in particular.

But I can't see any message at
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-cr-announce/

Is this because archives are not populated or because the activation
of the dedicated announce list is going to be a future step?
Is CR aim only to provide security related packages or all the updates
released by upstream provider in the mean time that CentOS official
5.7 isos are released?
Any way to easily see what is the date current CentOS CR is in sync
with? And any easy way to see time stamp of latest upstream update?

BTW: during June and July the qaweb.dev.centos.org web site was filled
with the calendar estimated section too and I found it very useful to
have a synthetic view of milestones.
Currently it is empty for 5.7 and 6.1. Is this due only to the huge
amount of parallel work going through or are there any other reasons?

Thanks in advance and keep on with the great work!
Gianluca