[CentOS-devel] [Pulp-list] CentOS errata

Sat Dec 10 00:59:19 UTC 2011

On 11/29/2011 09:29 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Perhaps I'm speaking out of turn, but this seems to be the sort of thing RSS was designed to do.

Rss works for a trigger, so we could feed in a rss document with the
last 500 rpms that were updated. And have an api sort of call that
people can make to retrieve metadata about the updates.

The reason why doing this inside rss is a problem is that there is no
way to tell how much or what point-in-time the client machine is in, and
feeding that info back upto the app, so it can do a diff and feed in the
relevant metadata is going to be super-expensive, a massive text
document and then we end up trying to re-implement a 'yum list updates'
- only it would need to be across every point release.

- KB