[CentOS-devel] progress?

Nick Bright nick.bright at valnet.net
Wed Feb 16 22:09:57 UTC 2011

On 2/16/2011 2:59 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 08:37:25PM +0100, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> You can read this interview with Karanbir Singh:
>> http://www.oneopensource.it/03/02/2011/centos-6-interview-with-karanbir-singh/
>> - There is about 2-3 weeks more before 6 is released.
>
> Since that interview was about two weeks ago, I don't think it's
> unreasonable to have a brief status update at this point.

Constantly "Are we there yet" to the devs doesn't do anything but annoy
them. Just stay subbed to -devel and watch the chatter if you want
updates; that's what I'm doing. I'm waiting on v6 for a major new mail
server deployment, and trying to be as patient as possible.

Bugging busy people is not a way to get them to do it any faster!

So I say to the devs - Thank you!

I, for one, will continue to patiently wait and lurk, taking whatever
information happens to be shared, without prodding the busy people!

  - Nick