[CentOS-devel] progress?

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:33:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 16:09, Nick Bright <nick.bright at valnet.net> wrote:

> On 2/16/2011 2:59 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 08:37:25PM +0100, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> >> You can read this interview with Karanbir Singh:
> >>
> http://www.oneopensource.it/03/02/2011/centos-6-interview-with-karanbir-singh/
> >> - There is about 2-3 weeks more before 6 is released.
> >
> > Since that interview was about two weeks ago, I don't think it's
> > unreasonable to have a brief status update at this point.
> >

> Constantly "Are we there yet" to the devs doesn't do anything but annoy
> them. Just stay subbed to -devel and watch the chatter if you want
> updates; that's what I'm doing. I'm waiting on v6 for a major new mail
> server deployment, and trying to be as patient as possible.
>
> Bugging busy people is not a way to get them to do it any faster!
>
> So I say to the devs - Thank you!
>
> I, for one, will continue to patiently wait and lurk, taking whatever
> information happens to be shared, without prodding the busy people!
>
>  - Nick

You could say the same for unnecessary scolding. This list is all but
silent, and current status is very opaque unless you specifically know where
to look, and even then there is no real indication of actual work flow
status, only vague inclinations thereof. I have to agree with Dag on this
one, especially having watched the past few months regarding people trying
to help.

Furthermore, look who you scolded, hardly an example of a backseat 8 year
old asking incessant questions. What have you done to help the linux
community as a whole in comparison?

-Blake