[CentOS-devel] Website Version 2, next steps

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:56:58 UTC 2011

2011/2/17 Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>:
> What we did not discuss was which software should be used where,
> although for many pieces this already has been chosen.

Let me try to make it a bit more clear:

We have (technical) solutions for:

wiki.centos.org (stays the same, auth will be different)
projects.centos.org (will still be trac, auth will be different)
bugs.centos.org (mantis, different auth)
forums (we already have migrations scripts into php-bb).

Everything else is open for discussion.

What is needed:

Go over the web content. Identify articles which need to stay (or
should be ported to the wiki) or which can go away. All this outside
of the forums.

Suggestions for a working LDAP frontend, suggestions for a working
LDAP schema (which attributes are needed, and so on).

Suggestions for a solution for the web site - please no "Joompal3,
because I've used it once", but more like "DruTyPress 4, because we
already fed RSS feeds to that, This wanted feature also can be
implemented easily, Oh, and it has a bridge to php-bb".

People who can adapt the wiki css to things to come.

Does that make the venture a bit clearer?

Regards,

Ralph