[CentOS-devel] 5.6 impact on 6.0 Release plan

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 14 07:23:24 UTC 2011

Dne 13.1.2011 23:30, Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> however there are a few other implications that need to be considered
> before making a decision. Firstly, the mirror situation. If we were to
> drop 5.6 in a few days time - we would need to wait for mirror's to
> stabilise before we move to releasing 6.0. I am not sure what that time
> lag needs to be, but it should be possible to workout.
>
> What I am going to propose is that lets let both the threads run through
> for the moment. Lets meet in #centos-devel at irc.freenode.net at 1600 hrs
> on Friday the 14th Jan 2011 and talk about this, get a plan together.
> That time should hopefully be late enough for the Americans to be awake,
> but early enough for the Germans to not be drunk yet :)
>
> - KB

Karanbir,
so the C5 process is fairly clear and should be simple and quick. 21
days to release might be enough and I guess now it the time to
internally set some deadline.
1st week - build process
2dn week - QA/rebuild iteration
3rd week - seeding the mirrors

One more thing, I can remember a lot of people willing to help don't
want to use IRC.

Regrads,
DH