[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

Charlie Brady

charlieb-centos-devel at budge.apana.org.au
Wed Jan 5 20:53:02 UTC 2011

Hi Karanbir,

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> > It seems to me that the rebranding process did not start during the
> > upstream beta period. If so, was that a conscious decision by the CentOS
> > team?
>
> The aim was to focus people's attention to the upstream beta, better
> product and that loop etc.

I can't quite parse that sentence, but I think you are implying "yes"; it
was a conscious decision.

> We could have started earlier, sure. But now
> that we have started 2 months back and your own contribution status
> stays at nil, why are you interested ?

I am a busy person, including contributing daily to other free software
projects. Without visibility of what has been done already, and what
remains to be done, it's not obvious to me which particular contribution
you'd like me to make. Are you not nearly finished?

If there is a rebuild issue you would like me to help debug, or some
package you'd like help with rebranding, then please let me know.