[CentOS-devel] irc meeting today re: 5.6/6.0

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

office at plnet.rs
Sat Jan 15 12:02:58 UTC 2011

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
> Based on feedback, we seem to have general consensus that getting 5.6/ 
> to mirrors first is the way to go. However, this does not mean that work 
> on 6.0 will stop, we will try and get the isos ready - but we might need 
> to give the mirrors a bit of a break before releasing those as well.
> I'll get a timeline in place with details after the weekend.
> thanks everyone for feedback on this issue
I think a lot of people would also be happy with releasing .torrent's 
for C6 into the wild, at first for those of us monitoring this list 
eager to deploy C6, even if there are not much seeders. The number of 
people interested in this release will be great and many will become 
temporary seeders. I my self have 5Mbps of upload bandwidth. 20 of us 
can replace one 100Mbps seeder.

This approach would circumvent a wait for mirrors to settle down, so if 
you find your self with ready ISO's please consider releasing .torrent's 
even without mirrors.


More information about the CentOS-devel mailing list