[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Athmane Madjoudj

athmanem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 10:13:27 UTC 2011

On 01/28/2011 10:43 AM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Andrea Veri<av at gnome.org>  wrote:
>> The point now is: which kind of software should the main website use if
>> the decision would be to give it a new look. Well, IMHO the best solution
>> at the moment would be to use drupal, it's easy to use and it has anything
>> needed to make a website rocking. (I've also been using it for a while and I
>> can tell drupal is a great CMS software)
>
> Not wanting to chase you away, this is probably best discussed on
> centos-devel. There have been discussions and also a test machine for
> getting the forums out of the main website (php-bb seemed the way to
> go for that at the moment), because that has to be done before website
> redesign.
>
> There hasn't been a real discussion or decision on which software the
> main website should run on. Preferrably something which can be
> "updated" easily, even more preferrably if it can be done so via
> package management.

I think that Drupal is a good idea, it can be updated with yum  as it is
included in EPEL 5 and 6 [1][2] (we can setup a CentOS specific repo
with the additional modules), also Drupal include a very usable forum
(maybe a little basic).

The real problem is the migration of the current CentOS website and
forum (I think is XOOPS based) to Drupal, here is some tips [3]

Regards.

[1] http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/repoview/drupal6.html

[2] http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/SRPMS/repoview/drupal6.html

[3] http://drupal.org/node/63796