[CentOS-devel] Status of CentOS 5 for the i586?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 15:31:26 UTC 2011

On 6/3/2011 10:03 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/03/2011 03:47 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> looks like a case is building to start considering next-steps in getting
>>> a i586 repo/ in place !
>>
>> Is there any chance this will happen for 6.x as well?  There is an
>
> Thats really the wrong attitude and question. Let me flip it around :
> rather than asking if someone else is going to do this - what are you
> willing to do for the i586 in C6 thing to happen ?

Probably nothing, since I don't have any need for it myself and was more
interested in the k12ltsp distro because it included several other
'usability' additions like a working, rpm packaged java back when
everyone else made that as difficult as they possibly could than the
thin-client handling aspect.   And if I did need it, I'd probably try to
boot something like puppy linux to clients under drbl instead.

But maybe someone could think of the children....

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com