[CentOS-devel] SRPMS for RHEL releases and updates

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:04:58 UTC 2011

On 3/24/2011 11:49 AM, Coy Hile wrote:
> In looking at the various FAQs, I haven't seen an answer to this, so I
> thought I would pose it here.  Where/how do the CentOS maintainers get
> the SRPMS from the upstream vendor? The reason I ask is more a
> question of given DVDs of all the SRPMs, how does one go about
> spinning up an installable ISO?  I'm thinking from the perspective of
> rolling my own ISO until CentOS 6 came out.

The srpms are here: http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/,
but note that the build is non-trivial and has already been done by
Scientific Linux (http://www.scientificlinux.org/).  Their version isn't
as exact a copy of the upstream binaries as CentOS plans to produce but
it is suitable for general use and likely better than anyone could do as
their first attempt.

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com