[CentOS-devel] SRPMS for RHEL releases and updates

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:04:58 UTC 2011

On 3/24/2011 11:49 AM, Coy Hile wrote:
> In looking at the various FAQs, I haven't seen an answer to this, so I
> thought I would pose it here.  Where/how do the CentOS maintainers get
> the SRPMS from the upstream vendor? The reason I ask is more a
> question of given DVDs of all the SRPMs, how does one go about
> spinning up an installable ISO?  I'm thinking from the perspective of
> rolling my own ISO until CentOS 6 came out.

The srpms are here: http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/,
but note that the build is non-trivial and has already been done by
Scientific Linux (http://www.scientificlinux.org/).  Their version isn't
as exact a copy of the upstream binaries as CentOS plans to produce but
it is suitable for general use and likely better than anyone could do as
their first attempt.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com