[CentOS-devel] Updates from today

Thu Mar 10 21:34:27 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/10/2011 03:12 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>> CentOS does not rely on one person.  We have a QA team of 30 or so
>> people and at least 6 developers who could build OS from scratch.
>
> Johnny,
>
> Who are those 6 people and are they all involved in the various CentOS
> releases ?

Everyone is involved in the release and getting ready for the release,
but not everyone is involved in building the packages.  For example, we
have two QA servers that host the QA tree that need to be managed.  We
have a QA mailing list and DNS names that need created and maintained.
We have access control lists for the QA servers that need to be
maintained.  We have a mirror system (both internal and external) that
needs to be prepared for release.  We have a mirrorlist program that
assigns mirrors which has to be modified on releases.

We have had the majority of the 5.6 build done for 2 weeks ... then we
had several technical issues with building the distro with anaconda and
we have found some other problems during the testing.

There is no need to name names, but every member of the team is very
busy making releases happen.

So is the QA group/team.  We have found and fixed several issues during
this testing cycle for 5.6.