[CentOS-devel] Why not a fusion between CentOS and SL?

Thu Mar 24 15:44:23 UTC 2011
Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com>

On Mar 24, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:40:37 am Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>>> Great ! This helps with cross-repository use in Yum.
>
>> I never quite understood why that wasn't designed in from the start.
>
> Because the yellowdog updater-modified developers didn't have that lofty of a goal in mind from the start?

Actually because (historically) cross-repositories Just Don't Work without some
artifact like "repository priority" which is too coarse grained
fto work generally (Dag's priority scheme works well, just not everyone
does as carefukl work as Dag et al do).

Just restating what you said more specifically ...

73 de Jeff