[CentOS-devel] Why not a fusion between CentOS and SL?

Thu Mar 24 17:56:51 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:06:31 pm seth vidal wrote:
> Have you looked at yumex in f14 or rawhide? Or from Tim's builds here:
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/timlau/yumex/
>
> I ask b/c he's made a lot of great changes to yumex and it is faster.
>
> worth looking at.

I will do that; while yumex is no synaptic, feature-wise, it beats kpackagekit hands down, IMO.  Thanks for the pointers, and thanks for yum.

And I have noticed the speed improvements in yum over the years; I still have a CentOS 3 box running in production, and comparing yum of that day (2.0.8) with today's yum is....well, no comparison, really.