[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.7 has no centos-release-cr package

Thu Sep 15 11:06:48 UTC 2011
Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

>>   My understanding is there is no QA difference between a package
>> pushed to the updates or one pushed to the cr repo, thus base + updates
>> + cr repos should stack up nicely.
> that is correct. Actually the process is quite simple, packages are
> first pushed to the CentOS X.n/cr/  and then hardlinked to the Centos
> X.n+1/os ( or /updates, depending on the origin)

One could download the 5.6 cr package
centos-release-cr-5-6.el5.centos.1.x86_64.rpm
and put it inside a local server from where to get and install during
kickstart post section.
But I think that it would work during installation of a 5.6 system,
but not work during an installation of a 5.7 system, as the command
"rpm -qR  centos-release-cr" says:

centos-release = 5-6.el5.centos.1
config(centos-release-cr) = 10:5-6.el5.centos.1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

Correct?

Could it be made a general package in the name (centos-release-cr) and contain
centos-release >= 5-6.el5.centos.1
?
Don't know about
config(centos-release-cr) = 10:5-6.el5.centos.1
requirement meaning though...

Gianluca