[CentOS-devel] Promoting contributor efforts

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Wed Apr 17 12:21:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM, cernekj <devel.3427 at cernek.cz> wrote:

> On 17.4.2013, at 11:43, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
> > On 04/16/2013 12:19 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >> To this end, I'd like to propose the CentOS VIP effort. A draft overview
> >> is posted here : http://wiki.centos.org/KaranbirSingh/VIP
> >
> > Secondly, how does everyone feel about the title... VIP is clearly not
> > the right term, Captains has been called cheesy, Ambassadors has been
> > called misleading, Advocates and Consul seem to be the front runners
> > here. Anyone fancy proposing another term ? or should we just vote on
> > Consul and Advocate and run with that.
>

> Hi,
> What about:
> - Masters
> - Chiefs
> - Leaders
> - Directors
> ?
>
> J.C.

some more suggestions...

- CentOS passionate
- CentOS promotor
- CentOS ACE  (Something like that is used by oracle)
- CentOS champion
- CentOS backer
- CentOS supporter
- CentOS proponent
- CentOS fellow
- CentOS supporter
- CentOS diplomat
- CentOS evangelist  That term is used a lot these days by marketing
departments :-)

kind regards,
Dries