[CentOS-devel] another 6.4 gotcha

Sun Mar 3 20:33:16 UTC 2013
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 12:24:48PM -0800, Joe Pruett wrote:
> it wasn't a huge deal for me since it was just a windows 7 vm on my
> desktop, but i would be quite cranky about this on a server with lots of
> client vms. maybe they wouldn't have audio and thus be unaffected, but
> forcing a reboot of all guests to facilitate an upgrade of the host
> isn't very friendly of our upstream overlords.

If this was a server with lots of VMs one would hope that proper testing
in a proper testing environment would weed out these sorts of problems
before live / production instances are in any way affected.  This is an
issue if this was not noted in the releases notes, otherwise it's just
the cost of doing business.

							John
--
"The Special Olympics is to winners as FOX News is to experts.
If you show up, you are one."

-- Jon Stewart