[CentOS-devel] New packages on centos

Brian Mathis

brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com
Tue Sep 10 15:59:19 UTC 2013

The official CentOS distribution is a direct rebuild of the packages
supplied by the upstream provider (RedHat).  To get officially included in
CentOS, you would need to be officially included in RedHat Enterprise Linux.

There are other options, such as getting included in the EPEL repository,
which many people use to find additional packages to use with CentOS.  You
can view a list of the different repositories that work with CentOS here:
    http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

❧ Brian Mathis