[CentOS-devel] scheduling some downtime for reimzul and git.c.o

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Aug 8 23:36:26 UTC 2014

hi,

there are a string of updates backed up behind git.centos.org and the
reimzul services. Things that we had in the pipeline from before when
Seven came through, and then all the dev work and inside instance work
that was done to make Seven go through :: lots of bandaid's in place.

I'd like to schedule some downtime for services, so we can rebase out of
some of this technical debt.

towards that, I'd like to propose downtime from 09:00 UTC 20th Aug to
23:00 UTC on the 21st Aug; During this time, we'll need to more or less
shutdown everything for some period of time.

The actual outage will be much shorter, and I'll know once i've been
able to run through the trial-dry-run, but folks should assume and plan
for no services during the two days.

Regards,

--
Karanbir Singh