[CentOS-devel] Request to join CentOS Atomic SIG

Joe Brockmeier

jzb at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 21:18:17 UTC 2014

On 08/13/2014 03:19 PM, Adam Miller wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I know I'm a tad late to the game but I'd like to express my
> intent to join the CentOS Atomic SIG. I don't know the process here
> but thought I'd throw it out there that I'd like to join.

Awesome! Would love to have you on board.

> I've been working on a number of packaging things out in the Fedora
> Atomic space as well as some efforts to package/rebuild for CentOS 7
> (using EPEL7 build targets).
>
> So far I have contributed to work that's being done in the following locations:
>
> Packaging work, spec files, dependency spec files not yet in Fedora/EPEL, etc:
>         https://github.com/projectatomic/kubernetes-package
>
> Project Atomic COPR builds for kubernetes and related packages:
>         http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/walters/atomic-next/
>
> RHEL7/CentOS7 (EPEL7) COPR builds for kubernetes and related packages:
>         http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/maxamillion/epel7-kubernetes/
>
> NOTE: The EPEL7 build is currently blocked due to an old version of
> docker in CentOS 7 (inhereted from RHEL)
>
> Whatever the next steps are to join please let me know, looking
> forward to the future of CentOS Atomic! Exciting stuff :)

So the SIG page is here: http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic

To be "official" as a committer/steering committee member you need to be
approved by the others. We didn't actually define that process, though.
I'd like to suggest we just use lazy consensus and if you're doing work
on the project then we should add you as a committer as soon as we have
the repos defined.

(Objections?)

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst