[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 debuginfo-install

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Wed Aug 20 17:39:20 UTC 2014

On 08/20/2014 12:27 PM, Fred Smith wrote:

>  Failing package is: gcc-base-debuginfo-4.8.2-16.el7.x86_64
>  GPG Keys are configured as: file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Debug-7
> -----------
>
> Note that it was unable to install the GPG key for
> gcc-base-debuginfo-4.8.2-16.el7.x86_64.rpm
>
> The file it was looking for exists, and its rpm appears to be
> up to date, but it apparently isn't the right key.
>
> Anyone got any clues why, or what I do about it? I really need the
> debuginfo for, one hopes, solving a problem I'm struggling with.

We used a subkey initially to sign the debug packages. while gpg sees
the key as valid, and all is well. The rpm handling of subkeys is
apparently...problematic. We'll be pushing a stripped version of the
keyfile in the next update of the centos-release package that addresses
this. Hopefully by the end of the week.

The coming update will also change the name of the debug repo so that
the 'debuginfo-install' utility will function as expected.

--
Jim Perrin