[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 debuginfo-install

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Aug 20 19:21:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:39:20PM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 08/20/2014 12:27 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
>

> >  Failing package is: gcc-base-debuginfo-4.8.2-16.el7.x86_64
> >  GPG Keys are configured as: file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Debug-7
> > -----------
> >
> > Note that it was unable to install the GPG key for
> > gcc-base-debuginfo-4.8.2-16.el7.x86_64.rpm
> >
> > The file it was looking for exists, and its rpm appears to be
> > up to date, but it apparently isn't the right key.
> >
> > Anyone got any clues why, or what I do about it? I really need the
> > debuginfo for, one hopes, solving a problem I'm struggling with.
>

> We used a subkey initially to sign the debug packages. while gpg sees
> the key as valid, and all is well. The rpm handling of subkeys is
> apparently...problematic. We'll be pushing a stripped version of the
> keyfile in the next update of the centos-release package that addresses
> this. Hopefully by the end of the week.
>
> The coming update will also change the name of the debug repo so that
> the 'debuginfo-install' utility will function as expected.

Thanks for the info!

in the meantime installed it all with --nogpgcheck. I don't like
doing that, but I needed to debug some code that is croaking in
vprintf, where I couldn't see what was wrong by looking at the
calling code. havent found it yet, but when I get some serious
time to work on it I should be able to see it.

thanks again!

Fred
    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996