[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 debuginfo-install

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Wed Aug 20 19:42:59 UTC 2014

On 08/20/2014 02:21 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:39:20PM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
>>

>> On 08/20/2014 12:27 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
>>

>>>  Failing package is: gcc-base-debuginfo-4.8.2-16.el7.x86_64
>>>  GPG Keys are configured as: file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Debug-7
>>> -----------
>>>
>>> Note that it was unable to install the GPG key for
>>> gcc-base-debuginfo-4.8.2-16.el7.x86_64.rpm
>>>
>>> The file it was looking for exists, and its rpm appears to be
>>> up to date, but it apparently isn't the right key.
>>>
>>> Anyone got any clues why, or what I do about it? I really need the
>>> debuginfo for, one hopes, solving a problem I'm struggling with.
>>

>> We used a subkey initially to sign the debug packages. while gpg sees
>> the key as valid, and all is well. The rpm handling of subkeys is
>> apparently...problematic. We'll be pushing a stripped version of the
>> keyfile in the next update of the centos-release package that addresses
>> this. Hopefully by the end of the week.
>>
>> The coming update will also change the name of the debug repo so that
>> the 'debuginfo-install' utility will function as expected.
>>

> Thanks for the info!
>
> in the meantime installed it all with --nogpgcheck. I don't like
> doing that, but I needed to debug some code that is croaking in
> vprintf, where I couldn't see what was wrong by looking at the
> calling code. havent found it yet, but when I get some serious
> time to work on it I should be able to see it.
>
> thanks again!
>
> Fred

I have put the new debuginfo key, without the subkey on
mirror.centos.org ... you can get the new key here:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Debug-7

and replace the one in '/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/' ... or wait until the new
centos-release package is released soon.

As Jim already mentioned, if you want debug-install and the yum
debuginfo plugin to work .. change the name of the debug repo (in the
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Debuginfo.repo) from [debug] to [base-debuginfo]

We will also be making that change in the new centos-release file.

The sha256sum for that new RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Debug-7 file is:
96a0d5aa99059b937b46828d611b0cce3d765b05d110b0b081365c61487b22ed

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes