[CentOS-devel] Storage SIG Meeting 12-Dec-2014 15:30 UTC

Lalatendu Mohanty

lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 12:12:39 UTC 2014

Greetings All!

We have been working on Storage SIG for sometime now. We think it is
time to get together with the community, talk and discuss about Storage
SIG [1].  We will be meeting on  12-Dec-2014 15:30 UTC  in #centos-devel
on freenode.

Agenda:

#info     Topic:        Status Updates
#info    Subtopic:   GlusterFS
#info    Subtopic:   OpenAFS
#info    Subtopic:   Ceph
#info    Subtopic:   SCST  in Storage SIG?
#info    Open Floor

_/Minutes from Previous meeting:/_

highlights from this meeting:

* Lala offering to take up slack since Patrick is busy and take over
running meetings moving forward
-- to propose a meeting date/time slot on centos-devel list
-- to establish where the meeting to take place ( most people seem to
like irc and therefore #centos-devel might be an option )

Status Checks:
* gluster is ready to move into testing, BLOCKED ON: sign and release
process being implemented
* openafs is making progress, using Fedora COPR for builds. Lala to
interface with Andrew and JBillings to get them setup with koji access
--- for now, build via SRPMS since git -> koji is not quite 100%
--- openafs also needs conversation and consideration around building
kmod's for multiple kernel versions, and to build/rebuild on every
kernel release ( speak to Thomas, Mike and buildsys group for feedback )
---  openafs is not tested client + server side, contributors feel there
should be -some- testing on both sides before we pass along confidence
in builds to users

Other
* SCST folks are keen to join the effort, KB to introduce them into group

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage

Thanks,
Lala
#lalatenduM on Freenode