[CentOS-devel] CentOS Dojo / Hackathon for Cloud Images

Mon Feb 10 08:46:03 UTC 2014
Juerg Haefliger <juergh at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> On 02/06/2014 05:12 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > During the hack session, everyone was targetting, as had been planned
> > really - a common cloud-init package. Before I start pushing the content
> > up publicly and upload the images done in the session, it would be good
> > to have the conversation around cloud-init. Are we going to keep
> > consuming it from EPEL ? which is hard and tricky, or are we going to
> > pull it into a centos.org repo ( Extras/ seems like a good target, for
> > base common stuff ). And if we do pull it in, how are we going to keep
> > in sync with EPEL ( and maybe other repos ) so we dont end up ver-rel
> > thrashing at updates time.
>
> in some regards, this conversation becomes easier, when working under
> the constraint that we need to have it hosted out of a centos.org repo
> in order to use it for CentOS images.

Why can't we consume directly from EPEL? There are a few additional EPEL
packages that would have to be pulled in to support growing of the root
partition. If I'm not mistaken, those would only be required for CentOS 5+6
and shouldn't be necessary for CentOS 7.

...Juerg