[CentOS-devel] CentOS Dojo / Hackathon for Cloud Images

Mon Feb 10 18:25:46 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014 08:46 AM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
> Why can't we consume directly from EPEL? There are a few additional EPEL
> packages that would have to be pulled in to support growing of the root
> partition. If I'm not mistaken, those would only be required for CentOS
> 5+6 and shouldn't be necessary for CentOS 7.

the buildsystem does not have internet access, so cant pull from
external places, but beyond that its mostly a case of co-ordinating the
versions with what we are doing here, if we can get to a point where we
know for sure that EPEL wont update / change stuff till tests in centos
images pass, then we could just do a binary mirror for the content;
otherwise we're going to need to have the cloud-init code locally hosted
in git.centos.org

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh