[CentOS-devel] interest in Cloud Instance SIG (from the Synnefo and Ganeti side)

Thu Feb 20 18:31:35 UTC 2014
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

On 20.02.2014 16:54, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 02/20/2014 04:55 PM, Constantinos Venetsanopoulos wrote:
>> Hello Manuel, Tru,
>>
>> first of all thanks for the quick replies.
>> See comments inline.
>     I have attached a revised version of the kickstart. This time it
> really does not install the firmware for Wi-Fi and other exotic cards
> and the partitioning is adjusted as discussed (one /boot, one / which
> spawns all disk ( remove --grow if this is not intended ) and no
> swap).
>     I have also modified vda into sda in the %post section, I assume
> that if sda is used at install time it's also what should get tuned.

If this is targeting KVM specifically then I'd look also at other
optimizations:
1. leave swap out - I understand this is done already
2. wipe out the SSH keys, the random seed, optionally touch
/.autorelabel to force a selinux relabel upon next boot (this takes a
time and cpu)
3. install tuned with virtual-guest profile
4. disable tso and gso on the virtual nic and wipe out
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
5. run ntp & ntpdate
6. enable serial tty for `virsh console` access if needed
etc

Most of the above I do in the following ks for cloudstack
http://li.nux.ro/download/cloudstack/ks/CentOS6_64bit_password_sshkey.ks

Nux!
www.nux.ro