[CentOS-devel] Is it possible to merge elrepo.org contribute to centos main repository?

Fri Feb 28 14:36:33 UTC 2014
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 02/26/2014 02:51 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> 2. Providing newer versions of common desktop environments or software
> in a sig. for example, a newer XFCE, Mate, Firefox, thunderbird (since
> that's missing in the el7 beta).

+1 on Thunderbird.  See my headers for why.

> 3. Documentation around the proper method of getting the desired result
> for a useful desktop.

+10.  Suggestion #1: point'em to Nux. :-) http://li.nux.ro/repos.html

Nux-dextop coexists well with EPEL.

For people in the US who want 'legal' codecs that work with gstreamer,
see fluendo.com.

Nux has useful packages other than license-encumbered multimedia things
(Recent abiword, for instance, and 2.x ardour, for another).