[CentOS-devel] Policy Proposal for bugs.centos.org

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jan 9 22:38:33 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 06:16 PM, Christoph Galuschka wrote:
> I don't know if there have been any thoughts around on this, but I think
> there is no form of policy in place regarding the CentOS bug-tracker?
> I'm thinking along stuff like i.e.
> no activity for > 1 year --> close issue.
>
> I would like to hear feedback (suggestions if there are some) on this
> thought. If we want to move something like that into place (and there is
> enough feedback), i'd be willing to write an initial draft to expand upon.

Perhaps asking the QA team to do a sweep, for that Version at a point
release time - might be a better solution than making it time driven.
When 6.6 comes around, in the days it takes the build team to get an
isos and rpm content into qa, perhaps ensure any bug filed before is
'considered'. Unlike bz.r.c we only seem to get a few hundred bugs
between point releases.

Would that sort of a thing address your concern ?

--
Karanbir Singh