[CentOS-devel] Policy Proposal for bugs.centos.org

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 00:18:55 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> generally, all bugs found on CentOS builds should goto bugs.c.o -
> depending on how much time someone @redhat wants to spend with us there,
> the option to migrate an issue to bz.r.c should only happen after
> someone who understands the difference, has had a look to verify.
>
> ofcourse, if something is clearly an upstream issue, then by all means
> send people there - but value of CentOS-> RH bz goes up everytime there
> is a real issue reported.

*ahem* One near perfect example from a recent case *ahem* :

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6843

A user took the case (a bug in firefox) to bugzilla.redhat.com. It was
evident that the issue was with the package in RHEL, not introduced by
CentOS. So, to further promote it, I opened a support case with RH.
They were able to reproduce it and are analyzing the issue at this
moment.

Akemi