[CentOS-devel] oVirt and CentOS Cloud SIG

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Jan 12 06:49:57 UTC 2014

Hi guys,
on behalf of the oVirt project, happy to join the community and we'll be happy to
help where possible.

Cloud SIG seems very relevant to oVirt. We're looking forward to assist with oVirt
support as well. We have some CentOS fans in the oVirt community, so this should work
well for everyone.

- Currently we have our live oVirt [1] built using CentOS. So
  having you guys reviewing it would be beneficial.

- For the standard el platform, we need some help with dependencies.
  Here's a short list which we would like to see go in over & above 6.5

  * qemu-kvm compiled with RHEV flags
  * Support of librbd, libgfapi in qemu-kvm & libvirt, including sanlock &
    kernel modules
  * Network namespaces, VXLAN, GRE support in the IP stack (kernel through
    iproute, dnsmasq, etc)
  * The cloud-init version being used in RHEL 6.5.
  * Support of cgroups
  * selinux policies
  * Anything else you may be aware of.

We'll probably find some more things on the way, but this would be a good start ;)

Any suggestions from your side or things you'd like help with?

Doron Fediuck

[1] http://wiki.ovirt.org/OVirt_Live#oVirt-Live-1.1.iso_-_Oct_14th_2013