[CentOS-devel] Repositories, Packaging and challenges for rpms for the SIGs

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri Jan 17 12:28:38 UTC 2014

On 01/16/2014 11:23 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys
>
> the next OfficeHours on the 20th Jan is going to be around packaging,
> rpms and how we might handle this moving forward. The EPEL as default
> deps ? can packages overlap with base ? what sort of testing we permit ?
> what is 'required', what is 'optional', how can we use SCL's etc.
>
> James and Mike will be with us, so we can even delve into yum side
> issues and build side issues that arise for whatever policies are proposed.
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/OfficeHours for date and details. The panel will
> take questions from people on irc, twitter and on the q&a session on the
> hangout itself.
>
> Regards
>
> - KB

Along these lines (and to hijack KB's thread here) if you have questions
you'd like to see addressed for this upcoming office hours session,
please reply with them here.

We've been taking questions via twitter and irc, but I want to make sure
the folks on the -devel list are included as well.

--
Jim Perrin