[CentOS-devel] Xen/Xen4CentOS SIG

Lars Kurth lars.kurth at xen.org
Fri Jan 17 12:45:30 UTC 2014

Hi all,

congratulations on the RedHat/CentOS announcement. Sorry for responding
so late on SIGs: I was in China until recently and had no time to follow
up. There is definitely interest to continue the Xen (or Xen4CentOS) SIG
within CentOS, building on the Xen4CentOS work of last year. I want to
get the endorsement of the Xen Project Advisory Board for joining the
SIG at next Tuesday's board meeting. This will give an application (if
needed) extra weight. I don't expect any issues.

The other question I have is whether we do need to re-apply
(http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup lists Xen4CentOS as a SIG
already) and what the format for an application would be other than
posting to this list. Maybe we ought to look at the naming of the SIG
and make it more generic to cover for future version changes in Xen as
well as targeting CentOS versions beyond CentOS 7 (which ought to be a
lot easier than CentOS 6 because we only need Xen and no custom kernel).

Also, there would probably be practical issues on list naming, etc.
(Xen4CentOS is merged with CentOS-virt from a list perspective). I don't
have an issue with the status quo, but it may be cleaner for CentOS in
the long run if there was a clear SIG to list mapping.

Best Regards
Lars