[CentOS-devel] Cloud-Infra SIG creation request

Wed Jan 8 21:54:17 UTC 2014
Mike Burns <mburns at redhat.com>

We're looking to create an easy to use distribution of RDO/OpenStack
built on CentOS.  Our understanding is that we need to first create a
SIG and then we're able to create 1 or more variants.

What we'd like to do:

* Provide all the dependencies that are either not in base CentOS or are
too old in the base CentOS in a single location (maybe a distinct yum repo)
* Be able to build and sign packages needed to run RDO/OpenStack within
the CentOS infrastructure
* Be able to generate a LiveCD in the CentOS infrastructure that allows
people to get up and running quickly.
* Provide Install media for people that do not want to use a LiveCD.

It may make sense to create the Cloud Infra sig for this and use that
going forward.

Any suggestions or questions so we can move forward on this?

Thanks

Mike Burns on behalf of The RDO Team