[CentOS-devel] migrating artwork to git.centos.org

Tue Jan 28 18:32:24 UTC 2014
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

So, running this by the list for opinions:

We're going to be moving the Artwork SIG from its current home at
https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/ (svn) to a new home on
git.centos.org.

In this transition, we'd like to clean up some of the older content
that's no longer used. The easy way to do this would be to pull current
svn repo, strip out the legacy content, and then upload clean into git.

While this is my preference, the drawback is that it removes any commit
history for the project prior to the cutover date. The benefit is we
have a clean, and more importantly, current starting point to work from
for the seven beta build, which we'd like to start putting out in public.

Are there objections to this approach?

--
Jim Perrin