[CentOS-devel] NethServer as CentOS Variant and SME SIG Proposal

Sun Jan 12 17:47:52 UTC 2014
Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch>

On 01/10/2014 01:50 PM, Alessio Fattorini wrote:
> Hello everybody,
Hi!

> You could think of NethServer as CentOS with some extra packages,
> particularly
> a powerful and extensible web interface that simplifies common
> administration tasks.
I am just curious : how much is of the nethserver package functionality
is overlapping with webmin?
Also, what kind of comparisons can be made against the TUV (feature)
included (in rhel7) openlmi?
Also some minor questions:
On the yum installation page it is implied that you have to reboot and
and configure offline the service? is this ok with you? (for my
administration scenarios (remote, not willing to reboot) this is a bug)
Also, it seems that it use different authentication mechanism than the
system one. that would imply that with the package configured
credentials you can use system users permissions. Is this also ok?
I would think that, at least for the authentication, would be best to
interact with the system configured authentication (not matter what that
is) and use what the system use...

Thanks!
Adrian