[CentOS-devel] Packaging Office hours at 16:00 UTC today

Wed Jan 22 22:55:05 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:

>  Main CentOS
> devs would also be alerted and would, if this was agreed upon, wait with
> release of update, or maybe CentOS devs would move older package in
> SiG's repo, or some sort of automatic move of older package would be
> arranged.

I don't think it is reasonable for the main repo to hold packages
back.  Is what it would do to the mirrors reasonable to push
duplicates to the SIG repos so the timing can be managed separately?

> A carefully listened to Mike when he said something like that kind of
> alerts is possible, to alert a builder of associated SiG that extra care
> is needed (tags?). He can correct me if I am wrong about alerts.

Knowing when to run tests is one thing.  Waiting for everyone to test
and fix everything is something else.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com