[CentOS-devel] Packaging Office hours at 16:00 UTC today

Wed Jan 22 23:15:23 UTC 2014
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 01/22/2014 11:55 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:
>
>>   Main CentOS
>> devs would also be alerted and would, if this was agreed upon, wait with
>> release of update, or maybe CentOS devs would move older package in
>> SiG's repo, or some sort of automatic move of older package would be
>> arranged.
>
> I don't think it is reasonable for the main repo to hold packages
> back.  Is what it would do to the mirrors reasonable to push
> duplicates to the SIG repos so the timing can be managed separately?
>
>> A carefully listened to Mike when he said something like that kind of
>> alerts is possible, to alert a builder of associated SiG that extra care
>> is needed (tags?). He can correct me if I am wrong about alerts.
>
> Knowing when to run tests is one thing.  Waiting for everyone to test
> and fix everything is something else.

If automatic copy to SiG's repository is possible, or maybe for Core
devs to copy it them selves manually would do it.

And I have not said Core repo would hold back updates until everyone
test it. Please read more carefully, because I said COPY CURENT TO SIGS
REPOSITORY AND THEN PUBLISH UPDATE, so nothing is broken on systems
using SiG's repository. I hope this was more clear explanation.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)