[CentOS-devel] Packaging Office hours at 16:00 UTC today

Wed Jan 22 23:32:30 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:

> If automatic copy to SiG's repository is possible, or maybe for Core
> devs to copy it them selves manually would do it.
>
> And I have not said Core repo would hold back updates until everyone
> test it. Please read more carefully, because I said COPY CURENT TO SIGS
> REPOSITORY AND THEN PUBLISH UPDATE, so nothing is broken on systems
> using SiG's repository. I hope this was more clear explanation.

I understood what you meant, but my question is about the mirroring
infrastructure.  Personally I'd like to see dozens if not more 'ready
as installed' respins for different purposes.  If you have to push all
the base packages (or even a lot..) into the respin's specific update
repo as the only way to control what yum will do, won't that add a
huge burden to the repo mirroring infrastructure as all those copies
have to replicate?  Or if you look at it from the other direction,
could there be a better way of telling yum when to update a package
than keeping newer things out of all of the repository it uses?

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com