[CentOS-devel] Back on CentOS-devel to get some git.centos.org improvements

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri Jul 4 14:45:55 UTC 2014

On 07/04/2014 08:46 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Morning, folks. Happy July 4th.
>
> I'm hopping back onto centos-devel to raise some concerns about
> git.centos.org components. Overall it's working. There are things I
> don't like, but as things stand that's *my* problem.  These issues,
> however, affect others, and I don't see a good bugzilla mentioned at
> git.centos.org itself.
>
> 1) Many repositories are being listed with excessive "/" in their
> names. It messes up alphabetization and can get quite confusing.
>
>               rpms/docker, for example, is listed as
> "https://git.centos.org/summary/?r=////rpms/docker.git"

This one is a known issue caused by bad client requests being cached.
Currently the resolution is to clear the server-side cache periodically.
Once 7 is out the door, we'll have a bit more free time to look at
resolving this properly.

> 2) The "show_possible_srpms.sh" script relies on checking for the word
> "import" in the git logs to determine SRPM versions, embedded in the
> git logs themselves. This raises the risk of *any* commit that uses
> that word for other reasons to report an invalid  SRPM version number.
> As much as I dislike relying on a git log rather than a signed tag to
> do a build, please, refine this script to at least grep more carefully
> for 'import' as the leading word, and ideally sanity check the rest of
> the import line for the SRPM number.
>
>               Obligatory XKCD comic about sanitizing inputs:
> http://xkcd.com/327/

Patches accepted. Please submit them to the list, and if/when the pass
sanity/peer review (other list members) we'll apply them.

--
Jim Perrin