[CentOS-devel] Back on CentOS-devel to get some git.centos.org improvements

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jul 4 15:15:04 UTC 2014

>                Please consider the use of signed GPG tags for actual
> SRPM updates, rather than merely relying on '[package].metadata, to
> help assure provenance for people who may test or rebuild security
> components.

the content you get is pushed over https, the implementation on
git.centos.org seems fairly secure. the content into the machine is via
ssh, over a guranteed ( in as much as network can be guranteed ) link.

we are also preventing anyone else from being able to commit with the
source importer username/email and or using the word 'import' as the
first chat in the commit.

some of this is convention, but as the source that we consume, we are
fairly sure of what is going through. If there are any specific concerns
about code, do point them out - and if its security related, then email
security at centos.org instead of a public list.

regards

--
Karanbir Singh