[CentOS-devel] Thanks everyone

Ljubomir Ljubojevic centos at plnet.rs
Mon Jul 7 23:03:05 UTC 2014

On 07/07/2014 11:26 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> CentOS-7 has been a massive sprint, but we got there in the end with a
> few blips - nothing that cant be fixed retrospectively.
>
> I just wanted to drop a note here and say thanks to everyone who
> participated in the lead up, the builds, the testin and the delivery.
>
> This is, ofcourse, where things begin - we have a great platform with
> lots of potential to do some really cool stuff.
>
> Lets get started,
>
> - KB

Thanks to everyone from me too.

Especially on heeding my arguments about having minor version beside
date stamp, keeping 2 DVD's around, and including (soon) EPEL release
rpm within Extras repository. I know I was not alone arguing for these
things, but this makes it more of a "my" distro then with C5 and C6 (I
exclusively use CentOS for all my desktops and laptops and all servers I
even installed, 5-6 years back). It is a very good feeling.

Now I have to brace for hurricane of support questions and problems
people will be swamping our CentOS group on Facebook. And to install
CentOS 7 on the newest server currently in the shop :D

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)