[CentOS-devel] Thanks everyone

Jack Maynard JackAMaynard at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 23:19:32 UTC 2014

On 07/07/2014 07:03 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 07/07/2014 11:26 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> CentOS-7 has been a massive sprint, but we got there in the end with a
>> few blips - nothing that cant be fixed retrospectively.
>>
>> I just wanted to drop a note here and say thanks to everyone who
>> participated in the lead up, the builds, the testin and the delivery.
>>
>> This is, ofcourse, where things begin - we have a great platform with
>> lots of potential to do some really cool stuff.
>>
>> Lets get started,
>>
>> - KB
>>
> Thanks to everyone from me too.
>
> Especially on heeding my arguments about having minor version beside
> date stamp, keeping 2 DVD's around, and including (soon) EPEL release
> rpm within Extras repository. I know I was not alone arguing for these
> things, but this makes it more of a "my" distro then with C5 and C6 (I
> exclusively use CentOS for all my desktops and laptops and all servers I
> even installed, 5-6 years back). It is a very good feeling.
>
> Now I have to brace for hurricane of support questions and problems
> people will be swamping our CentOS group on Facebook. And to install
> CentOS 7 on the newest server currently in the shop :D

My thanks to the CentOS team for another great release for my nonprofit
and personal use, thanks to CentOS for their arms-length collaboration
with Red Hat and the openness of the C7 effort,  and special thanks to
Johnny, KB, and Jim for their patience with the general public on this
devel list.

Jack