[CentOS-devel] Cloud image default login

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Mon Jul 14 15:54:34 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Maybe it would be good, for a while, to have both root and cloud-user accounts active? Not sure how this would actually work in reality (ie how the cloud platforms and supporting scripts would deal with it).

In my case, building Cloudstack templates, there is a whole lot of people expecting root to be active, changing this behaviour would mean screwing them over.
If CentOS also has this kind of legacy problems - which I expect to be true - then it's something to be thinking about.

If this is not deemed a problem, then it would be nice to have the same sort of consistency between RHEL, CentOS and Fedora in this regard.

Lucian