[CentOS-devel] [Patch] Preupgrade assistant: platform

Manuel Mausz manuel at mausz.at
Wed Jul 16 07:35:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

attached are two patches to make the preupgrade assistant recognize
centos and actually do something. Without these patches no tests will
run as the platform won't match (aka "notapplicable").

I haven't done much testing as I'm on vacation until next week.

Also there are plenty of places that mention RHEL (grep says 155x "Red
Hat Enterprise Linux", 336x "RHEL"). e.g: "After upgrading to RHEL 7
....", "w3m not available in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7", etc..
Should we replace all of them?

cheers,
manuel