[CentOS-devel] Delta RPMs disabled by default?

Jonathan Dieter

jdieter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:50:06 UTC 2014

On 07/09/2014 12:32 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 07/09/2014 08:20 AM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
>> I did notice that CentOS 6 did carry far more old drpms than Fedora
>> does; if extra space is an issue, I'd suggest carrying a maximum of 2
>> drpms per package: release -> current and current-1 -> current.
>
> I was thinking more about something like 5 drpms;
>
> Also, i didnt realise one could do arbitary point in time drpms. I
> thought it was just --num-deltas XX, and it would generate XX of the
> latest e:v-r deltas. How does one have createrepo generate
> $release->current and $current-1 -> $current ?
>
> or is it a case of just generating all of them and rm -f'ing them before
> push to mirror ?

Fedora only keeps the latest updates in the updates repository, so, in
Fedora's case, createrepo just sets --oldpackagedirs to the release path
and the path of the previously available updates.

We could see about adding a new flag to createrepo; something like
--deltanewestonly, which would only create deltarpms against the newest
version of a package available in the repository.

Jonathan